Saturday, November 26, 2005

Housing Loans and Banks

I am not a expert in the Housing loan topic. I am sharing my perosnal experience. Having selected the Dream House after much diffculty and thought process. One has decide whether to apply home loans in Private banks(PB) or nationalized banks(NB). There too one has choose between fixed or floating interest rate. Some banks offer money market rate(I don't know what it is) -floating for 2 years and fixed for 2 years and vice versa. I am not sure how they calculate the interest rate for fixed and floating interest.


There are pros and cons in choosing NB over PB and vice versa.Similarly for fixed and floating rate.

I have decided to go Private banks with floating rate of Interest.
People say there is risk factor involved in floating rate of interest, othere say home loans interest has n't changed for the past few years. I suggest people should do a detailed analysis when selecting PB vs NB and fixed vs floating.